Tuesday, February 7, 2012

DAY 2

Body Weight: 180.6 (up 2.2 lbs from day 1)

One thing I failed to mention in my Day 1 post is that I have a wild work schedule at the shipyard this week. I normally work 8 hour days from about 7 until 3:45, but about 4 to 6 weeks out of each year I am required to work 13 hour shifts. So right now I am working from 5:30pm to 6:30am and I go straight to the gym as soon as I get off of work.

I have some uncontrollable set-backs because of this crazy work schedule.  Throughout my 13 hour shift I only get about 15 minutes to eat. This completely ruins my nutrient timing and I cannot come close to eating enough. The only thing I can do is eat as much as I can whenever I can.  I am also running around a lot which increases my caloric demands.  So I should actually be taking in more calories during this schedule, but it is impossible to do so.  I'm hoping all of these 13 hour nights will be done before the start of next week. Until then, I will not be providing you with my daily diet. I don't have time in my day to eat the right foods, much less track all of my meals and post about it. So you can expect me to start sharing my daily diet with you next week!

IMPROVEMENTS

Today, I decided to lower all of my weights a little bit and really focus on my technique and tempo.  I think that us guys tend to do as much weight as possible, often sacrificing technique.  Technique is far more important than that extra 10 lbs you could throw on the bar! 

That's all I have time for today. I can't wait until these horrible night shifts are over and I can get in a routine!

Let me know! Do you have an inconsistent work schedule? If so, how do you make time to workout and eat well? Do you have any questions about my workout (above)? Are you guilty of sacrificing technique to get that extra 10 pounds?



No comments:

Post a Comment